By Andy Diffenderfer, Sports Editor
A Region 8-A quarterfinal loss Feb. 4 to Riverside Military Academy didn’t keep the Tallulah Falls boys from state.
With the top 24 in the power ratings comprising the Class A Private bracket, the Indians (10-13) qualified as the 23rd seed.
They open at 10th-seed Pinecrest Academy (15-12), a Region 6 school, Friday at 7 p.m. The winner’s prize is a trip to seventh-seed Providence Christian (24-2) of Region 8.
Head coach Cody Coleman said the Indians have worked really hard to get to this point.
“We have made huge improvements since the beginning of the season,” he said. “Our system is coming together, and I think it is starting to show in our style of play.”
To read the full story, click here. (Subscription required)
Sports Headlines in The Clayton Tribune
- Indians qualify for state, set first-round Pinecrest Duel
- College ahead for Wildcat gridders
- Tournament losses send RCHS girls on road for state
- Tallulah girls draw Paideia in Class A opener
- State tourney next for Rabun Gap
- TFS swim marks reset in Atlanta