Rabun's Coleman named area's top player
Rabun County’s Kaitlin Coleman earned GHSA Class AA/A Area 8-Public volleyball’s Player of the Year, as one of five Wildcats to earn All-Area honors.
Destiny Deetz and Chrissy Wood joined Coleman as members of the area’s first-team. Gracie Deetz and Lexi Crump were named to the second-team.
The Wildcats appeared in the quarterfinal round of the GHSA state playoffs and finished 19-19, including 6-0 in area play.
HEADLINES IN THIS WEEK'S EDITION:
- Henricks scores 1,000th career point, Wildcats roll past Patriots
- Five 'Cats make GSWA's All-State list
- Late run powers Eagles past Warriors on senior day
- Williams nets 36, Indians top Spartans in OT
- TFS has three shooters qualify for varsity letters for first match