CLAYTON—Last fall, Rick Story thought he was on the last stop of an interesting career path.
The Rabun County native served in Washington and Atlanta as an aide to Nathan Deal. He’d been an aide to legendary evangelist Billy Graham.
But as Vice President for Economic Development for North Georgia Technical College in Clarkesville, Story was ready to settle down.
“I was very happy there,” Story said recently. “I was not even thinking about changing jobs again.”
That was before the Rabun County Board of Commissioners reached out with a proposal he couldn’t ignore.
Would Story consider coming home?
To read the full story, click here.
Headlines in The Clayton Tribune
- Story: Forward Rabun concept a proven winner
- Clayton's hidden treasure: Stekoa Creek Park work showcases natural vegetation and rain garden
- Clayton Baptist marks 200 years of praise, worship
- County tax bills going down slightly next year
- RCWSA's 29 percent water loss won't be passed along to Clayton
- Potential candidates talk election details at informational forum
- Clayton hosting Bicentennial fireworks Aug. 31
- Clayton council approves tax hike