Rabun Gap Presbyterian Church to dedicate new 400-seat sanctuary
By Susan Respess
Special to The Clayton Tribune
Photo courtesy Scott Poss. A crane from TKS Installation and Sales of Warner Robins, Ga., lifts the new steeple and spire to the belfry tower of the new sanctuary of Rabun Gap Presbyterian Church. Chuck Lanier perches atop the tower to guide it in place. In the background is the Rabun Gap Nacoochee School, where the church first met in 1929.
Photo courtesy Scott Poss. An aerial photo by Scott Poss shows the new sanctuary and the old one on Wolffork Valley Road in Rabun Gap.
Photo courtesy Susan Respess. On Sunday, July 26, the congregation met for the first time in the mostly completed new sanctuary that will have a ribbon cutting and formal dedication Aug. 2. The Rev. Don Barber, pastor, on the left, is assisted by the Rev. Dr. Tom Leland and the Rev. Dr. John Wyatt to his right.
Patience, one of the difficult Biblical “fruit of the Spirit” tenets, will be rewarded Sunday, Aug. 2, when the new 400-seat sanctuary is dedicated for Rabun Gap Presbyterian Church.